**Kalpana Talpade runs a popular YouTube channel and hosts Pathare Prabhu pop ups at her Mumbai home.**
Matlele Laadoo are typical Pathare Prabhu laadoos prepared during festivals like Diwali and religious ceremonies, like marriages, etc. There is no cooking required for these laadus. The ingredients are readily available in our homes.
- Roasted chana dal (Daala) ½ kg.
- Sugar ¼ kg.
- Ghee 250 gms.
- Badam & Pista 8-10, slivered
- Raisins, a handful
- Cardamom 5 to 6
- Lightly roast chana dal before grinding to a fine powder.
- Grind sugar and cardamom.
- Beat the ghee with your fingertips on a flat thali, add powdered sugar and beat till the mixture is fluffy and smooth.
- Add roasted chana dal powder and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Add the dry fruits.
- Let the mixture rest for sometime till it gets firm.
- Now roll them to round laadus with your hands.